Re: Everest Home Improvements (ES1910AR)

Hello,
Thanks for calling me earlier to arrange the visit. Although I'm at a bit of a loss to understand why, in this age of internet communications and collaborations, you need to send someone out to show me what in all
likelihood, are going to be more bits of paper.
Would it not be quicker and more efficient to send me some photo's or pdf's of whatever you need to show me, with a couple of paragraphs explaining what you need me to see?

By way of explanation, my day job is working in the IT dept of a technology/software company. Essentially we are the tech people to the tech people.
As a company, we rely heavily on electronic communications and collaborative working, using Atlassians' Jira & Confluence software for issue tracking and documentation, along with Google Apps (office suite) for collaborative editing of papers/spreadsheets/etc (including on-line customisable forms that end up in a spreadsheet/database).

So far, what I've seen from Everest, supposedly the best of the best, is a lot of people who may be good at their individual roles, yet the whole seems to be lacking a certain cohesiveness - although this could also be explained by you having to work with systems that you may know are somewhat outdated and frustrating to use.
Having seen the equipment that your sales/surveying staff have to lug around, still with the now 14yr old Windows XP, surely it's time enough for some sort of web portal into which everyone can deposit the information they need to, with the client able to track the progress of their order?
I know that for me, this could have prevented all of the issues experienced so far (should I really have had to speak directly to the stained glass manufacturer and provide technical drawings to get a satisfactory result?) and give me more of a warm fuzzy feeling, to know that I'm actually getting customer service equivalent to the ~£20k I'm supposed to be paying.

Thanks for your time,
Sean Meacher